We don't know about you, but food is one of our favorite aspects of travel. While one of the best ways to experience the local culture, it can be incredibly overwhelming to know where to dine, especially internationally.
Following up on our recent blog post about where to stay in Bogotá, we have 5 restaurant recommendations to excite your inner-foodie. In addition to the fabulous options at the two Four Seasons properties, check out:
1. Rafael - Peruvian chef Rafael Osterling has brought the flavors of Peru to Bogotá. The ever-changing, innovative menu features favorites like sticky duck rice braised in black beer or a crunchy cochinillo (suckling pig) in mikakami juice confit. Check out a sample of the menu here!
Calle 70 4 65 | Emaus, Bogota 110231, Colombia
2. Matiz - Considered one of the best fine dining restaurants in Bogotá, chef Nicolás Quintano, a graduate of Le Cordon Blue, creates a seven course menu tailored to the tastes of each diner. The outdoor terrace with its waterfall and vertical gardens is ideal for day or night dining, and the second story lounge is perfect for sampling the cocktail menu.
Calle 95 # 11a 17, Barrio Chico, Bogota, Colombia
3. Casa Vieja - Traditional Colombian dishes such as ajiaco and sobrebarriga have been served at this homey establishment for 50 years. The two-story colonial-style house has an outdoor terrace with a fireplace, an adorable bar, and live music during lunchtime during the week.
Casa Vieja, Calle 70, #6-23, Bogota Colombia
4. La Despensa - Another Rafael Osterling gem, La Despensa has an adorable courtyard and a menu featuring seasonally fresh cuisine including delicious deli sandwiches, tacos, ceviche, and can't miss sweet treats like churros with nutella and dulce de leche.
Calle 70 A # 9-95, Bogota, Colombia
5. Osaka - Osaka features Nikkei cuisine, a fusion of Peruvian and Japanese. From sushi to seafood, unique cocktails and unforgettable desserts, the menu features a unique blend of flavors. The restaurant has multiple terraces, a fabulous bar, and gorgeous decor both inside and out.
KR 13 85 25, Bogota 110221, Colombia